Horrorism, released by AKP in August of 2012. Horrorism is a collection of eight stories, three previously published and five brand new ones. It's the book Scott Goriscak's fans had been waiting for.
I interviewed Scott so that you could get to know him like we do:
1. When did you start taking your writing seriously?
2. What’s the first thing you had published?
A story entitled “Home Sweet Home” in the 2010 Masters of Horror Anthology
3. Do you have any certain rituals or things that help you get into your “Zen” for writing?
I feel my strength is that I don’t suffer from writer’s block.
4. You have three other short story collections besides Horrorism, what sets this one apart from them?
Horrorism was the next step in my evolution of writing. My stories are getting darker and more twisted with each book.
5. I’ve noticed you write a lot of horror shorts; you’ve had stories included in several anthologies, including our Satan’s Toybox series. Do you have plans to write a novel?
Yes I do. I am currently working on two novels, The Jersey Devil and Star Gazer. I hope to have one if not both completed in 2013.
6. What appeals to you the most about the short story form?
I love the challenge to tell an exciting tale that keeps the reader turning pages and wanting more. I never want to write a story where the reader wants to stop reading and put the book down for any reason.
7. Who are some authors you admire?
I would have to say I have two. One being Edgar Allan Poe and the second Clive Barker.
8. What appealed to you about working with Angelic Knight Press?
I liked working with Angelic because of their friendly willingness to share their knowledge and experiences of publishing. Long before they published Horrorism I was talking with many of their staff without knowledge of who they were about other projects. They were extremely generous with their time.
9. What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received?
Clive Barker once told me to read as much as I could and write. No matter what just write and see where your imagination it takes you.
10. Any tips for new authors?
Be original! Write to entertain and challenge your readers. Don’t just write horror, re-invent it! Don’t settle for being part of the current popular trend, be the next wave of horror.
Horror writer. I began writing in high school but it wasn't until I met Clive Barker in 1993 that my writing turned to horror. I wrote my first novel in 1994 "The New Jersey Devil" which got the attention of Bantam/Doubleday and Viking /Penguin, they both loved it and asked for some changes. In the process of completing this I got married and we had children and I shelved the book. It wasn't until 2008 when all the children began sleeping through the night when my late night writing resumed.
Founder of THE HORROR SOCIETY 2012
You can contact Scott on FaceBook.
Don't forget we are still Coffin Hopping! Each comment qualifies you to win great prizes like frame quality art work and a copy of Satan's Toybox: Terrifying Teddies. You should also visit our other Coffin Hoppers here.
And DO NOT forget to come back tomorrow for a special announcement about our newest anthology project. You're not going to want to miss it!